The Financial Times Guide to Banking is a comprehensive introduction to how banks and banks work. Best-selling author Glen Arnold provides you with a foundation for understanding the diverse activities of banks. It will show you why these international institutions are equally important to consumers and financial professionals, and explain how their activities affect everyday life.
The Banking Financial Times Guide will offer you:
- A thorough understanding of all types of banking transactions, from retail to asset management and investment banking.
- An overview of global banking, including the global development of the sector, the impact of cross-border flows and the importance of modern banking for international development
- Expertise on instruments and markets, including bond markets, futures markets and swaps and options
- Insight into the central importance of central banking and state regulation
- Answers to bank success, payment systems and questions about monetary policy and interest rates